Fargot Password? / Help


hat is the Office of Commercial Affairs?

We are the overseas representative office for the Royal Thai Government's Ministry of Commerce. We operate within the Ministry of Commerce's Office of the Permanent Secretary and are primarily responsible for trade matters including policies at the multilateral and bilateral levels with the aim of fostering greater trade between the United States and Thailand. While acting as the counterpart to the US Department of Commerce and the Office of the United States Trade Representative, we also work closely in conjunction with the Ministry of Commerce's own Offices of International Trade Promotion (also known as the Thai Trade Centers) located in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and Miami, in seeking greater market access for the export of all Thai products.

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

What are some of the things being done at the Office of Commercial Affairs?

I want to buy / import from Thailand? What should I do?

I want to invest in / open a branch office / set up a factory in Thailand? What should I do?

A Thai company wants to invest in my US company? What should I do?


I want to export to / sell my US product in Thailand? What should I do?

I have a dispute with a Thai company, what should I do?

  • We recommend all US importers interested in buying from Thailand to FIRST contact our Thai Trade Center for lists of pre-vetted Thai exporters. If you then have trouble with that company for a commercial (company to company) transaction, you can send a letter, fax or email explaining the situation to the Thai Trade Center nearest you.
  • For disputes with a Thai company not connected through the Thai Trade Center, please send a letter, fax or email explaining the situation to to the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in charge of your region. For the USA, that will be:
    Royal Thai Embassy, in Washington, DC
    1024 Wisconsin Ave., N.W., suite 401
    Washington, D.C. 20007
    Tel. (202) 944-3600
    Fax (202) 944-3611
    E-mail: Royal Thai Embassy Contact page

    Please bear in mind that the Royal Thai Embassy, the Ministry of Commerce (and related agencies) are NOT law enforcement or judiciary bodies and situations involving contractual disputes between two private parties will require arbitration or adjudication within the Thai judicial system as appropriate to the specific contractual requirements between the involved parties. This is the same as similar disputes in the United States.

  • If you were a tourist in Thailand and have a dispute with a Thai Company that took place during your trip, please contact the Tourism Authority of Thailand office nearest you.